We are delighted that Enishi International School (EIS), in collaboration with schools from the Tokai International School Association (TISA), is able to offer the Moderna vaccine at NIS on July 17-18 (dose #1) and August 14-15 (dose #2).
Since the registration for the vaccine is limited to only 1,000 doses, we unfortunately need to operate on a ‘tier’ system of priority for booking appointments. We had a sudden increase in applications and exceeded 1,000 expressions of interest before we were able to post a ‘waiting list only’ message on the survey. For that reason, we will be allocating invitations to register for appointments on the following timeline:
|Category||When will your invitation to register for an appointment be sent to you?|
|Category 1||TISA school staff and their family bubbles||Invitations to register for an appointment will be sent at 5 pm on July 9 (Friday)|
|Category 2||TISA families (early/mid signups) and ACCJ applicants (early signups)||Invitations to register for an appointment will be sent at 8 am on July 10 (Saturday)|
|Category 3||Late sign up TISA families and mid/late signup ACCJ applicants||Invitations to register for an appointment will be sent at 8 am on July 11 (Sunday) on a space available basis.|
|Category 4||Waitlisted applicants||Invitations will be sent from 9 am July 12 (Monday), depending upon the availability of vaccination slots, in chronological order of registration AND by priority order of profile (TISA staff are first priority and remaining invitations will be sent drawing on a balance of TISA families and ACCJ members)|
We strongly advise you to be waiting for the email communication at the time noted above and to make your reservation immediately upon receipt; please remember that your slot is not guaranteed until you make your actual time reservation and that a delay in accessing the system may mean no slots are available to you.
In order to receive the vaccine you agree that:
- You will receive BOTH doses at the SAME TIME on both weekends. For example, if you book a slot at 9 am on Saturday July 17, it means you are ALSO booking a slot at 9 am on Saturday August 14. No exceptions can be made to this rule.
- Once you receive your vaccine coupon, you will give this to Enishi International School. Failure to do so means that the costs of the full vaccine course (¥8400 without tax) will be billed to you by EIS.
- In the case the address you provide on your pre-vaccination screening form (to be completed before arrival to the school) does NOT match the address on your family register/Juminhyo, your school/ACCJ may need to bill you for the cost of the full vaccine course (¥8400 without tax).
- In the case of a first dose ‘no-show’ to your appointment on July 17/18, and in the case that we are not able to fill your spot with someone on the emergency alert waitlist, we may need to bill you for the cost of the full vaccine course (¥8400 without tax).
- In the case of a second dose no-show we may need to bill you for the cost of the second dose (¥4200 without tax).
- You are agreeing to bring with you on the day of the vaccination photo identification such as a passport, residency card or driving license. Failure to do so may mean that we are unable to verify your identity and so are unable to offer you the vaccine. Again, in this case we may bill you for the cost of the missed doses (¥4200 without tax per dose).
Note: #4 & 5 do NOT apply in the case that the doctor advises you against taking the vaccine or if, following the consultation with the doctor, you make the choice not to take the vaccine. It only applies in the event of an unexplained ‘no show’ without at least 24 hours warning (in the case of the 1st dose) and in the event of any unreasonable failure to follow through on the second dose at your appointed time.
What you need to do now
If, having read the above, you are still committed to taking the vaccine, there is nothing more you need to do. You can find answers to many of your questions on the website HERE using the login ‘COVID’..
However, if your plans have changed and you no longer wish to receive the vaccination please complete THIS CANCELLATION REQUEST by 9am on Friday, July 9 so that we can remove you from the database and offer a place to another person.
We are so grateful to be able to collaborate together with our partners across TISA and ACCJ, as well as with the doctors and nurses of Aichi Idai, in order to make this opportunity available for the community here in Nagoya.
With thanks for your understanding and support and looking forward to welcoming many of you on July 17 and 18.
Enishi International School